mardi 10 juillet 2012

Nas - Life Is Deep

                                   


Ok here's the 3rd and (maybe) last installment of my Nas mixtape series.

Close to a 1000 downloads in less than 48hrs thats cool, and is what i intended to do by dropping these tapes. I hope it helped y'all make the wait for Life Is Good a better moment. It was for me anyways, i appreciate the love i've been getting & the appreciation of my work. Would've loved to get some more in depth opinions tho' i know i will never be able to take the time to make other mixtapes like these. I hope you appreciated the creativity & the unique way they weret together, i really tried to make original tapes with good ideas to put up with my total absence of technical skills.

 Having already heard the Life Is Good album, i can tell Nas is going to force a lotta emcees to step their game up, and hopefully add some damn substance to their music. Tracks like Daughters & Bye Baby are purely and simply unparalleled in today's hiphop. To me Nas was always at his best in his most somber but honest & self introspective moments. Slept on tracks like "my worst enemy", "drunk by myself", life we chose", the rise & fall", "nothing lasts forever" are to me his best work ever. I'd take these over any "banger" or "lyrical exercise" any day simply because those are the tracks that make Nas the untouchable GOAT in my mind. No one raps like this.

So this 3rd tape is a mix of some of Nas' best deep, introspective, socially aware and even sometime mystic verses. It is (again, to me) the best of the 3 mixtapes, it just flows like an incredible 35 track album, withouth ever getting boring or preachy. Some of the ideas i had on here for mixes were just amazing... yeah i said it. Dont wanna break them down before you listen but i'll let yall make your own opinion.

And once again, feedback appreciated.

PS : sorry this tape doesnt have a sick artwork to go with it, i really didnt have the time to find someone to do it quickly enough for me. matter of fact, before this morning, and eventho i made this tape 7 years ago, it did not even have a title.... til i saw Salaam's tweet refering to Bye Baby
https://twitter.com/SaLaAMReMi/status/222469369744203778  and ran with it!


edit 07/11 just when Life is Good leaks, Casso Dinero hits me with the sickest cover possible!!!


ya know where to find the link!


01-doo_rags.mp3
02-one_on_one.mp3
03-life_we_chose_(mf_doom_remix).mp3
04-never_too_late.mp3
05-tick_tock.mp3
06-some_of_us.mp3
07-second_childhood.mp3
08-revolutionary_warfare.mp3
09-ghetto_prisoners.mp3
10-my_country.mp3
11-i_wanna_talk_to_you.mp3
12-3_messages_(prizefighter_remix).mp3
13-silent_murder.mp3
14-afraid_2_fly_feat_ms_dynamite.mp3
15-verbal_intercourse_feat_raekwon.mp3
16-every_ghetto.mp3
17-let_my_niggaz_live.mp3
18-some_of_'em.mp3
19-no_ideas_original.mp3
20-what_goes_around.mp3
21-sinful_living.mp3
22-black_girl_lost.mp3
23-find_ya_wealth.mp3
24-self_conscience.mp3
25-seed_of_heaven.mp3
26-queensday.mp3
27-purple.mp3
28-black_zombie.mp3
29-thugz_mansion_remix_feat_2pac_&_jay-z.mp3
30-life's_a_bitch.mp3
31-the_world_is_yours.mp3
32-the_world_is_yours_(q-tip_remix).mp3
33-nothing_lasts_forever.mp3
34-live_now.mp3
35-heaven.mp3


reminder :
1/ i did the 3 tapes in 2005, around the time Streets Disciple dropped i think. i would love to have the time & talent to remake it bigger & better but i cant because....

2/ im no way a dj. i did these with a wack ass free software called Tplayer, with no beat synch, effects and alla that, just a cross fader... i literally mixed these songs with the arrow on the keyboard of my laptop... so not all the mixes are gonna be perfect... i tried to redo them last month but with my son i just dont have the time... you wouldnt believe how many time & patience i took me to do these 3 tapes...

1 commentaire: